Monday, November 17, 2008

Introducing the Belly Spot Blog!


TheBellySpot.com is a web site that I created originally to share with family and friends as Matt and I planned our wedding for the spring of 2008. Since then it evolved into a great place to showcase our love of traveling and food. With a desire to expand it even further, I decided to join the food blogging community in the hope of finding to new ideas for the kitchen and new places to try when dining out.

Why food? I have been a graphic designer for 10 years in the marketing industry and during that time I had a lot of food clients. I attended many food photography shoots and really admired the art of food styling. I developed a hobby of taking pictures of my own food, both at home and in restaurants. Recently, I left the full-time world and started my own freelance business in graphic design. I'm also entertaining the idea of becoming a food stylist and am taking classes here and there in NY to learn more.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying experimenting with new ideas, new recipes and photography. Please pass on your comments, thoughts and suggestions. You can find our entire web site at www.thebellyspot.com.

Cheers!
-Kathy

No comments: