Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fear Factor: Year-Old Cake


After returning from vacation, we ended our one year celebration by watching our wedding video and taking our wedding cake out of the freezer to defrost. After carefully peeling back the layers of aluminum foil and parchment paper that I had so carefully wrapped it in, we found our strawberry shortcake, fairly intact. The cake and the butter cream frosting was still pretty good, but the strawberry pink filling in the center was little on the gamey side. Perhaps headed towards, if not already a permanent resident of Curdletown.

So after I got in one ritual shove of cake into my hubby's face, we sent the cake to meet it's maker and carried the trash bags to the curb.




My husband the cinematographer.
Getting the facts with hard-hitting interviews.
Please, honey, don't quit your day job!

2 comments:

Dr Horder said...

My birthday was a few days after the wedding so the top of the cake was my birthday cake. I knew that was not going to survive a year in the freezer and unlike you, I was not wrapping it in layers of tinfoil and parchment paper. Only you :)

Kathy said...

In hindsight, I do wish we had just eaten it when we returned from the honeymoon. My dad never got a piece the night of the wedding and I wouldn't have wanted to give it to him the way it was a year later.