Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Morning Stomachache

For those of you seeking out the antacids after Sunday night's Big Game eating fest, we feel your pain. On top of some traditional game favorites, like homemade chili, nachos, and guacamole, we also consumed these lovely cupcakes brought over by our friend Marc.


Courtesy of Crumbs Bake Shop in Stamford, these humongous cupcakes were amazing! On their web site, they list 29 different varieties! With six cupcakes and four people, we agreed to cut each one in quarters thereby each getting a taste of each one. The math worked out to about 1.5 cupcakes each. I bailed out after trying the fourth one. I was just too stuffed. But I made sure to get my share of the strawberry pink one mostly because it matched my outfit and nail polish. (I can be girlie once in a while, you know!)

Marc was is severe pain after the battle to conquer the cupcakes was complete, having drank many glasses of milk on top of the layers of chips, pizza pockets and potato skins that were already residing in his belly. I took a hilarious video of him trying to muscle down the last portion. I wish I could post it, but aside from the fact that I do want to be invited to his and his fiancé, Lizette's wedding this year, the video file was just too large to post. :)

Kudos to Mike who never gave up and made sure that no cupcake was left behind. You're an honor to your brothers and to the sport of football.


Til next year, go Lions!

No comments: